- One problem, one weekend, eight languages
- How to retrive Outlook default signature
- How to completely uninstall VFP 9.0
- Retrieving VFP runtime DLL name required by EXE or DLL
- Send email via MSN email account
- Send email via Yahoo mail account
- Remove Structural CDX or Memo flag from a table
- Deleting pages from PDF file through Acrobat automation
- GDIPLUS.DLL security updates for VFP 8.0 and VFP 9.0
- Powershell - Benchmark Command
A hotfix for a bug in VFP 9.0 SP2 FIX: The toolbar on an SDI form is disabled in Visual FoxPro 9.0 Service Pack 2 has been released.
Installing the hotfix will update VFP 9.0 SP2 to the version 22.214.171.12403
Gmail SMTP server requires SSL connection on port 465.
Known Gmail limits on sending emails:
- An attachment size is limited to 25 MB
- An individual email can be sent to maximum of 100 recipients
- A large number of undeliverable messages could trigger an account lockdown
Exceeding any limits beside the attachment size will cause Gmail account to be locked down for 24-72 hours.
CDO 2000 constants and enumerations
#DEFINE cdoDefaults -1 && Load all applicable default values from both Outlook Express (OE) and Internet Information Services.
#DEFINE cdoIIS 1 && Load configuration default values from the local Internet Information Service.
#DEFINE cdoOutlookExpress 2 && Load configuration values from the default identify of the default Outlook Express account.
#DEFINE cdoDSNDefault 0 && No DSN commands are issued.
#DEFINE cdoDSNNever 1 && No DSNs are issued.
#DEFINE cdoDSNFailure 2 && Return an DSN if delivery fails.
It's simple and convenient to send unattended email with CDO 2000 as long as there's a SMTP server available.
Note 1 Uses CDO 2000 class for sending emails
* Replace addresses with real ones before running the code loMail = NEWOBJECT("Cdo2000", "Cdo2000.fxp") WITH loMail .cServer = "smtp.somedomain.com" * Uncomment following lines and fill your credentials * if your SMTP server requires basic authentication
The CDO2000 class allows to send emails w/o user intervention using a SMTP server.
An example on how to use the class can be found at CDO 2000 class for sending emails.
Note 1 CDO 2000 is included in Windows 2000 and later.
Note 2 A character set of any body part is controlled by Charset property. The default is "us-ascii".
FoxTalk magazine has been taken over by DFPUG on 1st March 2008 and renamed to FoxRockX. The new editor is Rainer Becker. The first issue is in print. The magazine will be published bimonthly online/hard copy with 24 content pages plus maybe advertising or sponsored articles.
More details at http://www.FoxRockX.com
* Copy file to different name
llSuccess = FileOpWithProgressbar("H:\TEMP\tord.dbf", "H:\TMP\TEST.dbf", "Copy")
* Copy with the same name
llSuccess = FileOpWithProgressbar("H:\TEMP\tord.dbf", "H:\TMP\", "Copy")
* Copy all dbf's
Visual FoxPro 9.0 Sedna is available for download on MSDN.
Sedna is a collection of libraries, samples and add-ons to Visual FoxPro 9.0 SP2.
It contains six components:
- VistaDialogs4COM for VFP on Vista
- Upsizing Wizard for SQL Server
- Data Explorer updates
- NET4COM examples to bridge VFP and .NET
- MY IntelliSense extensions
- DDEX for .NET access to VFP data