I have gotten quite complacent about using the same language for solving programming challenge problems such as those on HackerRank. I wanted to take a problem and write the solution in multiple languages to get a feel for them and see if there are any that I prefer to the one that I normally use (ignoring performance considerations for the time being).
If you have installed Eclipse 3.3 from an official bundle or you have installed the Mylyn plug-in then there's a good chance that you might have started seeing duplicate entries when using content assist.
If you ever find yourself needing to convert from UNIX time in Excel, here's the solution.
These are my impressions after using Tapestry for a couple of weeks. I review the flaws and joys that I found in using Tapestry.
SSMS (SQL Server Management Studio) does not use any kind of wizardry as one might think. It creates a new table, moves the data, drops the original table and renames the new table to the original name.
SQL Server 2005 introduces a number of Dynamic Management objects. One of these is dm_os_performance_counters which gives you access to SQL Server Performance Counters that were only available through Performance Monitor. Several of the counters are related to the log so we can see the log usage for databases from within SQL Server.
I have been programming in C for quite some time, but until recently I was not aware that you could specify column widths and string limits using variables. I have neither seen this functionality used in any projects until I started working with OpenSER.